Banner Bottom Image

Public Works
Public Works Director - Jim Boucher
Phone: (603) 744-8025
The Public Works Department is located at 26 NH Route 132 N.
New Hampton Roadways
Town Maintained Roads:
Paved 30.00 miles 57%
Dirt 22.29 miles 43 %                        
Total: 52.29 miles
State Maintained Roads:
NH Route 132N 5.40 miles                                   
Main Street 2.00 miles
Winona Road 4.10 miles
I 93 North 6.40 miles
I 93 South 6.80 miles
Total: 28.80 miles
Total Miles of Roadway: 81.09 Miles

Driveway Permits
All driveway permits for town roads must be obtained through the Public Works Department. Driveway permits are $25.00 and typically require that the property owner meet with the Public Works Director on-site to discuss the required specifications. Note: If you wish to obtain a driveway permit on a State road (NH Route 104, NH Route 132N, Main Street, or Winona Road) you must call the NH DOT District 3 office at 524-6667.

Town Truck Snow Plow Routes
Click here to see the plow routes for New Hampton's town roads.  (State roads are maintained by NH DOT)

Ordinance to Prevent Hazards to Public Safety on Town Roads
Click here for Ordinance adopted December 28, 2017
Snow and Ice Removal
Click here for more details

Weight Limit Ordinance
Click here for ordinance as amended in April 2003
Highway Permit to Operate Over Posted Roads
Highway Permit to Operate over Posted Roads are available from the Public Works Director. Travel over town roads during certain times of the year can cause damage to roadways. When a town road is posted with a weight limitation the Public Works Director may allow for travel, under certain specific circumstances.
Excavating in a Town Public Right-of-way
Anyone who will be excavating in a town Public Right of Way must contact the Public Works Department, or Selectmen’s Office for an Excavation/Trench Permit, or print permit (below). Permit must be submitted 2 weeks prior to requested start date as approval of this permit requires review from the Public Works Director, Police and Fire Chiefs, and the Board of Selectmen.
Additional requirements include: A bond in the amount of $500.00A Certificate of Insurance with P.D.L. and B.I.L. to the minimum limits of $500,000/$500,000.
Excavation/Trench Permit