Banner Bottom Image

Vehicle Registrations, Dog Licensing, Vital Records Requests, and Tax Payments

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES for Vehicle Registrations, Dog Licensing, and Vital Records Requests.

for Tax Payments.

Town Clerk and Tax Collector
Tax Collector / Town Clerk - Regina M. Schofield
(Vehicle and boat registrations, dog licenses, voter registration, etc.)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 538, New Hampton, NH 03256

(This office cannot provide copies of Property Assessment cards - Obtain those through the Selectmen's Office - 603-744-3559)

NEW Office Hours - Effective October 17, 2022:
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm 8:00 am - 4:00 pm 10:00 am - 4:00 pm 10:00 am - 7:00 pm 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: 603-744-8454     Fax: 603-744-0671

Reminder: make an appointment if your business cannot be done by phone, online, or through the mail.

Please note: Our office does not accept Credit Cards or Debit Cards

Frequently Asked Questions
Can you tell me how much it costs to register a new vehicle?
You can get an estimate by clicking onto the ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES link above. (Remember to change your birth month)
What do I need to register a vehicle?
If the vehicle is 2000 and newer you need the title signed over to you on the back, with the exact mileage or blue Dealer Title Application.  If the vehicle is 1999 and older you need a bill of sale accompanied with the prior NH registration or VIN Verification Form. See description and sample of Bill of Sale below.

A proper Bill of Sale will be required for registration of all non-title motor vehicles.
The Bill of Sale shall be in a letter head receipt form from a bonded dealer, a letterhead bill of sale from a dealer, a previous registration from same owner (NH or previous state of residence) or a bill of sale from the seller. The following information will be required according to Rules and Regulations of the Dept. of Safety:
  • Description of Vehicle:  Make, Model, Identification No., Model year, type of body, Number of Cylinders
  • Name and Address of Purchaser, Signature and Address of Seller.
Determination of proper bill of sale will be at the discretion of this office.

Click here for a sample Bill of Sale

What do I need to provide to renew my car registration?
  • ID and
  • Prior Registration or
  • Renewal Letter
Can I send someone else in to register my vehicle?
   Yes. They need to bring their ID with your registration or renewal letter.

How do I prove residency?
  • Bring two proofs of Address
  • Fill out form at the office
Do you accept credit or debit cards?
   No, but we accept cash or check.

What if I lost my registration?
   You can get a new registration for a combined State and Town total of $18.00 by filling out a form from the office.

Do I have a grace period for inspection?
   You have 10 days to inspect your vehicle.

Do I have a grace period for registering my vehicle?
   You can renew your registration 4 months prior to your birth month.

Boat Registrations

Please bring the renewal letter from the state or the prior registration to renew your boat registration.
If you have a new boat, please bring a bill of sale along with the prior owner’s registration or a HIN Verification Form
Dog Licensing
If you are a new resident in town, and have a dog over 3 months old, you are required to visit the Town Clerk’s office to register your dog(s). Once a dog is registered, licensing is required every year by April 30th. As reminders, postcards are sent out each year to dog owners of record.
Costs are as follows:                                                         
Unaltered Dog $9.00
Neutered Male or Spayed Female $6.50
Puppies (3-7 months) $6.50
Owner over 65 $2.00 (this applies to one dog only)
Replacement Tag $  .50
IMPORTANT: Be sure to bring your rabies certificate(s) with you.
According to RSA 466:13 additional fines will be incurred after June 1st.

Late charge per month as of June 1st …………………………………….$1.00
Civil Fine for failure to register…………………………………………….$25.00

By Mail:
Please include applicable fees in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Town of New Hampton, along with a copy of the current rabies certificate and the spay/neuter certificate. Please mail to the following address:
   Town of New Hampton
   P.O. Box 538
   New Hampton, NH 03256

Voter Registration

You may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office. Registration must be done at least 10 days prior to any election.

You may also register to vote with the Supervisors of the Checklist at a session prior to any election. Supervisor sessions are advertised on our website, as well as at the Town Hall.

You may also register to vote on Election Day.  Please be sure to bring a valid government issued photo ID, birth certificate or naturalization papers, when registering to vote at the polls on Election Day.  You must also provide proof of residency that is postmarked within the last 30 days (ie: utility bill; rental agreement).  If you are missing any of these forms, there are affidavits to fill out at the Town House.

You may also register to vote after requesting an absentee ballot. You will need to tell the Town Clerk that you are a new voter. Included with the absentee ballot will be a registration packet, which includes a New Hampshire voter registration form, a list of documents needed and instructions. The completed absentee voter registration affidavit must be witnessedYou must return the completed affidavit, voter registration form, and copies of documents showing evidence of qualifications to your town or city clerk.

Please visit the NH Election Division website at for more information.

Voting Locations & Polling Hours
The Town of New Hampton votes at the Town House located at 86 Town House Road.
     State Elections: Polls open at 8 am and close at 7 pm
     Town Elections: Polls open at 11 am and close at 7 pm


These can be obtained through the Town Clerk's office.

Hunting, Fishing & OHRV

Unfortunately, we cannot do these registrations. Here is a link to where you can:

Petition for License
Utility Poles/Underground Conduit

Pursuant to the provisions of RSA 231:163 and 43:2, the Board of Selectmen held a public hearing on March 20, 2014 to determine if it would be in the best interests of the public good to amend all of the existing pole licenses issued by the Town of New Hampton through March 20, 2014 to include language regarding taxation pursuant to RSA 72:23.  As a result of the public hearing, the Board of Selectmen have found it is in the best interests of the public good to amend these existing pole licenses to include additional language.


Click here for the Petition for License form, to be printed and filled in by hand.

Click here for the Petition for License "fill-in" form.

Click here for the Pole License Resolution